The British Insurance Brokers' Association (Biba) has warned that suggestions from the Transport Select Committee for the insurance industry to reduce premiums for novice drivers could lead to increased premiums for claim-free drivers. Graeme Trudgill, Biba's technical services manager, said: "We believe it is only fair that the higher cost of claims caused by young drivers is reflected in their premiums."
- Losses bite at Ageas Retail after Kwik Fit closure
- Clear plots buying spree to double GWP by 2022
- Ansvar launches two charity products
- Ascot launches new MGA and hires Michael Sillat to lead
- InsurTech Futures: Hiscox partners with start-up Digital Fineprint
- Ecclesiastical's pre-tax profit surges with investment returns in first half of 2017
- Verisk to buy Sequel for £250m