Brokers considering joining insurer clubs or partnerships could be putting their relationships with other carriers at risk, according to Broker Network Group chief executive officer Grant Ellis.
In an exclusive interview with Insurance Age, Mr Ellis warned that by accepting financial incentives to place business with a particular insurer, brokers could see their books of business with other distributors dwindle and risk losing the agency altogether.
"In my mind, initiatives such as Aviva's Broke
- Swinton puts 268 people at risk of redundancy
- Steve Lewis confident RSA UK will “bounce back” in 2018
- Cyber hacks reported to FCA by financial firms hit 69 in 2017
- RSA UK reports falling profits in 2017
- Amanda Blanc “exceptionally pleased” with UK & Ireland performance
- Ageas UK moves back into profit in 2017
- CEO Watson "encouraged" by Ageas UK 2017 results