Beazley Group has acquired Momentum Underwriting Management (MUM). With a plan to underwrite around £54m of GWP for 2009, Beazley said the acquisition was consistent with its strategy to diversify its portfolio of specialist business into niche international markets. While MUM will continue as an agency, Beazley's share of the business will be underwritten by two new Lloyd's syndicates.
- Losses bite at Ageas Retail after Kwik Fit closure
- Clear plots buying spree to double GWP by 2022
- Ansvar launches two charity products
- Ascot launches new MGA and hires Michael Sillat to lead
- InsurTech Futures: Hiscox partners with start-up Digital Fineprint
- David Charles steps down as head of PIB-owned Cooke & Mason
- Ecclesiastical's pre-tax profit surges with investment returns in first half of 2017