The potential takeover of Halifax Bank of Scotland (HBOS) by Lloyds TSB could create the ninth largest insurance group in the UK.
It is still uncertain whether the latter will keep HBOS' stake in its joint venture - Esure - or sell it.
However, Peter Wood, Esure founder and chairman, said the merger would have little or no effect on Esure.
He said: "Esure is an independent joint venture. We are a rapidly growing, separately authorised, capitalised and well-reserved top 10 motor insurer with excelle
- Majority of brokers say GDPR will have negative impact
- CBL Insurance Europe ordered to stop writing new business immediately
- Seventeen Group buys Rupert Burgoyne
- Cyber hacks reported to FCA by financial firms hit 69 in 2017
- Clear buys Robert Alexander
- Jon Dye brands 2017 as “landmark” year for Allianz in UK
- InsurTech Futures: Zurich unveils InsurTech and innovation brand