Lloyd's has obtained a license to write direct general insurance business in Guernsey. Previously, Lloyd's underwriters were only permitted to write Guernsey insurance from London on a cross-border basis. The new license will allow Lloyd's underwriters to write business locally through coverholders and managing agents will be able to establish service companies in Guernsey.
- One Broker buys Gibbs Denley Insurance Services
- Tasker Insurance names Robert Organ as new CEO
- Bennett Christmas buys Horsham-based Slade Edwards Insurance
- Gadget insurance aggregator launched
- ASA reveals insurance advertising complaints
- In-depth - Personal lines: The omni-channel future
- Meet the techies: Richard Hartley