The ongoing speculation surrounding the future of property insurance specialist Erinaceous intensified recently, as Consensus Business Group - headed by property tycoon Vincent Tchenguiz - and Halifax Bank of Scotland (HBOS) joined the takeover race.
Although he declined to comment, it is thought that Mr Tchenguiz enlisted broker KBC to make an approach, and it has been reported in some circles that he is particularly interested in the insurance services arm of Erinaceous.
- Tasker Insurance names Robert Organ as new CEO
- ASA reveals insurance advertising complaints
- Ex Towergate and Bluefin boss Kenny Hogg joins Gallagher as Scotland lead
- Confused.com sees profits halve for start of 2017
- Bollington's Paul Moors hails "excellent" results for 2016
- Staysure snaps up travel rival Avanti
- GWP slips to $2.39bn at QBE Europe in half year results