The ongoing speculation surrounding the future of property insurance specialist Erinaceous intensified recently, as Consensus Business Group - headed by property tycoon Vincent Tchenguiz - and Halifax Bank of Scotland (HBOS) joined the takeover race.
Although he declined to comment, it is thought that Mr Tchenguiz enlisted broker KBC to make an approach, and it has been reported in some circles that he is particularly interested in the insurance services arm of Erinaceous.
- Towergate owners post £261m loss for 2017
- Ardonagh looking at deals worth £500m
- Das v Asplin: Prosecution outlines arguments on fraud charges
- InsurTech Futures: Gadget and motor products go live on Brolly
- Ex-Das CEO Paul Asplin stands trial for fraud
- Ex-AA boss Bob Mackenzie seeking up to £225m in damages
- The Blog Spot: Filling in the Blanc?