Brokers could feel the pinch of the reduction in referral fees in light of the Ministry of Justice (MoJ) conclusions, according to a specialist law firm.
Andrew Welch, head of litigation and insurance at Stephensons Solicitors, said: "The MoJ will be changing the funding of road traffic accident claims in order to speed them up and cut down the legal costs involved. This will have an impact on the legal expenses insurance (LEI) market and brokers looking to make commission from the referral fees.
- Ardonagh picks up selected renewal rights from Ageas Retail in £7m deal
- Eldon Insurance states none of its data was used by Leave.eu campaign
- Close Brothers and other creditors to lose out following collapse of Ignition Select
- Stackhouse Poland buys Honour Point
- Primassure moves from SSP and Open GI to Applied
- Is the talent pool drying up?
- Aggregators eating into SME business – GlobalData