As floods again decimated parts of the UK and left rural communitiescounting the cost, insurers and the Government were urged to get theirheads together to solve the issues surrounding flood defence. New researchfrom the Benfield Greig Hazard Research Centre found that national andlocal government needed to get a lot closer to the insurance industry ifflood problems were to be solved. January saw many areas of the UK delugedand over 130 rivers put on flood alert.
- Ardonagh picks up selected renewal rights from Ageas Retail in £7m deal
- Eldon Insurance states none of its data was used by Leave.eu campaign
- Stackhouse Poland buys Honour Point
- Primassure moves from SSP and Open GI to Applied
- Is the talent pool drying up?
- Towergate owners post £261m loss for 2017
- Aggregators eating into SME business – GlobalData