As floods again decimated parts of the UK and left rural communitiescounting the cost, insurers and the Government were urged to get theirheads together to solve the issues surrounding flood defence. New researchfrom the Benfield Greig Hazard Research Centre found that national andlocal government needed to get a lot closer to the insurance industry ifflood problems were to be solved. January saw many areas of the UK delugedand over 130 rivers put on flood alert.
- Losses bite at Ageas Retail after Kwik Fit closure
- Clear plots buying spree to double GWP by 2022
- Ansvar launches two charity products
- Ascot launches new MGA and hires Michael Sillat to lead
- David Charles steps down as head of PIB-owned Cooke & Mason
- InsurTech Futures: Hiscox partners with start-up Digital Fineprint
- Ecclesiastical's pre-tax profit surges with investment returns in first half of 2017