Marsh has warned jewellery collectors of the risk of underinsurance in the wake of spiralling diamond and precious metal prices. During the past 12 months, the price of large diamonds has increased by an average of 30%, while platinum has almost doubled. Marsh said jewellery should be revalued every three to five years, although owners should consult a valuer for an estimation timeframe if their items were increasing rapidly in price.
- Majority of brokers say GDPR will have negative impact
- CBL Insurance Europe ordered to stop writing new business immediately
- Seventeen Group buys Rupert Burgoyne
- Cyber hacks reported to FCA by financial firms hit 69 in 2017
- Clear buys Robert Alexander
- Jon Dye brands 2017 as “landmark” year for Allianz in UK
- InsurTech Futures: Zurich unveils InsurTech and innovation brand