The insurance industry must remain on a risk-based system following proposals from the European Commission for a draft equality bill, the British Insurance Brokers' Association (Biba) has warned.
Biba said any legislation that changes the risk-based system would have a serious impact on the availability and competitiveness of insurance protection.
Graeme Trudgill, Biba technical and corporate affairs executive, said: "The insurance industry must have an exemption to allow for reasonable differenti
- Ardonagh picks up selected renewal rights from Ageas Retail in £7m deal
- Eldon Insurance states none of its data was used by Leave.eu campaign
- Stackhouse Poland buys Honour Point
- Primassure moves from SSP and Open GI to Applied
- Is the talent pool drying up?
- Close Brothers and other creditors to lose out following collapse of Ignition Select
- Aggregators eating into SME business – GlobalData