The insurance industry must remain on a risk-based system following proposals from the European Commission for a draft equality bill, the British Insurance Brokers' Association (Biba) has warned.
Biba said any legislation that changes the risk-based system would have a serious impact on the availability and competitiveness of insurance protection.
Graeme Trudgill, Biba technical and corporate affairs executive, said: "The insurance industry must have an exemption to allow for reasonable differenti
- Losses bite at Ageas Retail after Kwik Fit closure
- David Charles steps down as head of PIB-owned Cooke & Mason
- New motor fleet MGA launched
- Lark boosts profit ahead of Aston Scott merger
- Ageas teams up with CDL on Flood Re solution
- Meet the Leeds Expo panellists: Simon Mabb
- Verisk to buy Sequel for £250m