Hiscox revealed that its profit before tax increased by 72.1% to £105.6m (2006: £61.3m), while its gross written premiums increased by 17.3% to £733m (2006: £625.1m) despite a weak dollar. Net earned premium increased by 17.5% to £471.9m (2006: £401.7m), and its group combined ratio was 84.8% (2006: 94.6%).
- Losses bite at Ageas Retail after Kwik Fit closure
- David Charles steps down as head of PIB-owned Cooke & Mason
- New motor fleet MGA launched
- Lark boosts profit ahead of Aston Scott merger
- Ageas teams up with CDL on Flood Re solution
- Ex Towergate and Bluefin boss Kenny Hogg joins Gallagher as Scotland lead
- Broking Break - Your Top Five