The Financial Services Authority (FSA) should increase pressure on aggregators to ease industry concerns that customers are not buying suitable products via comparison sites, according to a law firm.
Results from a survey carried out by Pinsent Masons suggested the regulator would continue to view the online sales channel as an area of concern, and possibly apply additional regulation to the sector.
Alexis Roberts, partner in the insurance sector team at Pinsent Masons, said: "Although aggregators
- Ardonagh looking at deals worth £500m
- Towergate owners post £261m loss for 2017
- AIG sets up “Brexit-resilient” structure
- Brunel Insurance Brokers achieves chartered status
- Das v Asplin: Prosecution outlines arguments on fraud charges
- Ex-Das CEO Paul Asplin stands trial for fraud
- Ardonagh picks up selected renewal rights from Ageas Retail in £7m deal