QBE announced a 56% increase in net profit to a record £372m. The combined operating ratio was 86.2% compared with 87.9% for the same period last year. Insurance profit was 22.2% (2006 H1: 18.7%). According to the insurer, the improvement in net profit was mainly due to a continued low frequency and severity of claims, higher investment yields and recent acquisitions.
- Losses bite at Ageas Retail after Kwik Fit closure
- Clear plots buying spree to double GWP by 2022
- Ansvar launches two charity products
- Ascot launches new MGA and hires Michael Sillat to lead
- InsurTech Futures: Hiscox partners with start-up Digital Fineprint
- Ecclesiastical's pre-tax profit surges with investment returns in first half of 2017
- Verisk to buy Sequel for £250m