QBE announced a 56% increase in net profit to a record £372m. The combined operating ratio was 86.2% compared with 87.9% for the same period last year. Insurance profit was 22.2% (2006 H1: 18.7%). According to the insurer, the improvement in net profit was mainly due to a continued low frequency and severity of claims, higher investment yields and recent acquisitions.
- Close Brothers and other creditors to lose out following collapse of Ignition Select
- Is the talent pool drying up?
- Primassure moves from SSP and Open GI to Applied
- Stackhouse Poland buys Honour Point
- Do you know what to do if you get hacked?
- Aggregators eating into SME business – GlobalData
- Allianz to delist Euler Hermes on 27 April