Key representative bodies and insurance industry players have welcomed a government decision to start consultation on a new scheme to combat uninsured driving.
The Motor Insurers' Bureau (MIB), British Insurance Brokers' Association (Biba) and AA Insurance have all spoken in favour of the Continuous Insurance Enforcement (CIE) scheme, which would make it easier to identify and fine uninsured motorists by making it illegal to keep uninsured vehicles.
Ashton West, chief executive of the MIB, said:
- Towergate owners post £261m loss for 2017
- Ex-Das CEO Paul Asplin stands trial for fraud
- Ex-AA boss Bob Mackenzie seeking up to £225m in damages
- Ardonagh looking at deals worth £500m
- Das v Asplin: Prosecution outlines arguments on fraud charges
- InsurTech Futures: PwC and Early Metrics launch programme to scale start-ups
- InsurTech Futures: Gadget and motor products go live on Brolly