Key representative bodies and insurance industry players have welcomed a government decision to start consultation on a new scheme to combat uninsured driving.
The Motor Insurers' Bureau (MIB), British Insurance Brokers' Association (Biba) and AA Insurance have all spoken in favour of the Continuous Insurance Enforcement (CIE) scheme, which would make it easier to identify and fine uninsured motorists by making it illegal to keep uninsured vehicles.
Ashton West, chief executive of the MIB, said:
- One Broker buys Gibbs Denley Insurance Services
- Gadget insurance aggregator launched
- Profits soar at Bollington in 2016
- Bennett Christmas buys Horsham-based Slade Edwards Insurance
- Tasker Insurance names Robert Organ as new CEO
- UK businesses “unprepared for a cyber shock”
- In-depth - Personal lines: The omni-channel future