Zurich has finally moved to explain its decision to terminate its £20m book of commercial business with Folgate.
Until now the insurer has remained tight-lipped over the circumstances surrounding the break-up, however, Dave Smith, head of market management, for UK Zurich Commercial told Insurance Age that the decision to sever commercial ties with Folgate was a purely financial one - which was entirely objective and consistent with Zurich's broader distribution strategy.
"This was not an isola
- Swinton puts 268 people at risk of redundancy
- Steve Lewis confident RSA UK will “bounce back” in 2018
- Cyber hacks reported to FCA by financial firms hit 69 in 2017
- RSA UK reports falling profits in 2017
- Jon Dye brands 2017 as “landmark” year for Allianz in UK
- Amanda Blanc “exceptionally pleased” with UK & Ireland performance
- Ageas UK moves back into profit in 2017