The independence of the Financial Ombudsman Service (FSO) came under scrutiny at outgoing chief executive John Tiner's final annual public meeting for the Financial Services Authority (FSA).
Concerns were expressed repeatedly by both consumer and industry representatives alike as to the level of influence that the FSA had exerted over the ombudsman, as well as the decisions it had reached.
One consumer representative suggested that the regulator dominated the FOS, and cited the findings of Lor
- Ardonagh picks up selected renewal rights from Ageas Retail in £7m deal
- Eldon Insurance states none of its data was used by Leave.eu campaign
- Stackhouse Poland buys Honour Point
- Primassure moves from SSP and Open GI to Applied
- Is the talent pool drying up?
- Aggregators eating into SME business – GlobalData
- Towergate owners post £261m loss for 2017