The independence of the Financial Ombudsman Service (FSO) came under scrutiny at outgoing chief executive John Tiner's final annual public meeting for the Financial Services Authority (FSA).
Concerns were expressed repeatedly by both consumer and industry representatives alike as to the level of influence that the FSA had exerted over the ombudsman, as well as the decisions it had reached.
One consumer representative suggested that the regulator dominated the FOS, and cited the findings of Lor
- Losses bite at Ageas Retail after Kwik Fit closure
- David Charles steps down as head of PIB-owned Cooke & Mason
- New motor fleet MGA launched
- Lark boosts profit ahead of Aston Scott merger
- Ageas teams up with CDL on Flood Re solution
- Ex Towergate and Bluefin boss Kenny Hogg joins Gallagher as Scotland lead
- Broking Break - Your Top Five