Brokers need to be aware of statutory compliance issues and health & safety legislation when carrying out engineering insurance and inspection services, according to one trade association.
The Safety Assessment Federation (SAFed), which represents the independent inspection industry, said speciality engineering brokers had traditionally carried out these services but that it was now being offered as a mainstream product by many brokers.
Richard Hulmes, chief executive at SAFed, said: "Mainstream i
- Tasker Insurance names Robert Organ as new CEO
- ASA reveals insurance advertising complaints
- Ex Towergate and Bluefin boss Kenny Hogg joins Gallagher as Scotland lead
- Staysure snaps up travel rival Avanti
- New motor fleet MGA launched
- GWP slips to $2.39bn at QBE Europe in half year results
- Hiscox adds drone cover and more to home insurance product