Brokers need to be aware of statutory compliance issues and health & safety legislation when carrying out engineering insurance and inspection services, according to one trade association.
The Safety Assessment Federation (SAFed), which represents the independent inspection industry, said speciality engineering brokers had traditionally carried out these services but that it was now being offered as a mainstream product by many brokers.
Richard Hulmes, chief executive at SAFed, said: "Mainstream i
- Towergate owners post £261m loss for 2017
- Ardonagh looking at deals worth £500m
- Das v Asplin: Prosecution outlines arguments on fraud charges
- InsurTech Futures: Gadget and motor products go live on Brolly
- Ex-Das CEO Paul Asplin stands trial for fraud
- Ex-AA boss Bob Mackenzie seeking up to £225m in damages
- The Blog Spot: Filling in the Blanc?