Talbot Underwriting has been sold to a Bermuda-based reinsurer in a deal worth an estimated £200m.
The Lloyd's insurer was bought earlier this week by Validus Re, after being on the market since the beginning of the year. Talbot will be the Validus Group's principal operation in the direct insurance market, and Talbot's Syndicate 1183 will form its primary point of access to the London market.
Talbot Holdings will also be the ultimate parent company of Underwriting Risk Services, an
- Legal Protection Group confirms loss of Inter Hannover capacity
- Towergate’s Andy Parkin resurfaces at Gauntlet
- Laurent Matras takes interim Axa retail MD role as Gareth Howell departs
- Profits up at Allianz in 2018
- Consolidation opens up opportunities, says Romero boss
- Up to 275 jobs at risk at Axa XL in the UK
- Ghost broker jailed for two years