Talbot Underwriting has been sold to a Bermuda-based reinsurer in a deal worth an estimated £200m.
The Lloyd's insurer was bought earlier this week by Validus Re, after being on the market since the beginning of the year. Talbot will be the Validus Group's principal operation in the direct insurance market, and Talbot's Syndicate 1183 will form its primary point of access to the London market.
Talbot Holdings will also be the ultimate parent company of Underwriting Risk Services, an underwriti
- Close Brothers and other creditors to lose out following collapse of Ignition Select
- Is the talent pool drying up?
- Primassure moves from SSP and Open GI to Applied
- Stackhouse Poland buys Honour Point
- Do you know what to do if you get hacked?
- Aggregators eating into SME business – GlobalData
- Allianz to delist Euler Hermes on 27 April