Talbot Underwriting has been sold to a Bermuda-based reinsurer in a deal worth an estimated £200m.
The Lloyd's insurer was bought earlier this week by Validus Re, after being on the market since the beginning of the year. Talbot will be the Validus Group's principal operation in the direct insurance market, and Talbot's Syndicate 1183 will form its primary point of access to the London market.
Talbot Holdings will also be the ultimate parent company of Underwriting Risk Services, an underwriti
- Losses bite at Ageas Retail after Kwik Fit closure
- Clear plots buying spree to double GWP by 2022
- Ansvar launches two charity products
- Ascot launches new MGA and hires Michael Sillat to lead
- InsurTech Futures: Hiscox partners with start-up Digital Fineprint
- Ecclesiastical's pre-tax profit surges with investment returns in first half of 2017
- Verisk to buy Sequel for £250m