Oval has acquired Leicester-based insurance broker Bland Bankart, in a deal worth around £20m in a mixture of cash and Oval shares.
Phillip Hodson, group chief executive of Oval, said: "The merger of Bland Bankart and R P Hodson within the Oval framework provides an extremely strong platform for further expansion within the UK."
He added, "We are delighted that Bland Bankart has joined the Oval group. They are a very successful broking firm with a highly skilled and motivated management team."
- Profits up at Allianz in 2018
- Laurent Matras takes interim Axa retail MD role as Gareth Howell departs
- Market moves: Across the board
- Legal Protection Group confirms loss of Inter Hannover capacity
- Regional review: Cardiff
- Towergate’s Andy Parkin resurfaces at Gauntlet
- Allianz prepared for "turbulent" 2019