Oval has acquired Leicester-based insurance broker Bland Bankart, in a deal worth around £20m in a mixture of cash and Oval shares.
Phillip Hodson, group chief executive of Oval, said: "The merger of Bland Bankart and R P Hodson within the Oval framework provides an extremely strong platform for further expansion within the UK."
He added, "We are delighted that Bland Bankart has joined the Oval group. They are a very successful broking firm with a highly skilled and motivated management team."
- Ardonagh picks up selected renewal rights from Ageas Retail in £7m deal
- Ardonagh looking at deals worth £500m
- Towergate owners post £261m loss for 2017
- Brunel Insurance Brokers achieves chartered status
- AIG sets up “Brexit-resilient” structure
- Ex-Das CEO Paul Asplin stands trial for fraud
- Das v Asplin: Prosecution outlines arguments on fraud charges