Oval has acquired Leicester-based insurance broker Bland Bankart, in a deal worth around £20m in a mixture of cash and Oval shares.
Phillip Hodson, group chief executive of Oval, said: "The merger of Bland Bankart and R P Hodson within the Oval framework provides an extremely strong platform for further expansion within the UK."
He added, "We are delighted that Bland Bankart has joined the Oval group. They are a very successful broking firm with a highly skilled and motivated management team."
- Tasker Insurance names Robert Organ as new CEO
- ASA reveals insurance advertising complaints
- Ex Towergate and Bluefin boss Kenny Hogg joins Gallagher as Scotland lead
- Bennett Christmas buys Horsham-based Slade Edwards Insurance
- Confused.com sees profits halve for start of 2017
- Bollington's Paul Moors hails "excellent" results for 2016
- Staysure snaps up travel rival Avanti