Research results released by Legal & General found that more than 90% of brokers are seeing customers cut back on home insurance as a result of the credit crunch. Of this number, 73% have chosen cover strictly on a price basis, 45% have reduced the number of add-ons they have bought, 27% have taken the bare minimum cover and 8% have opted to insure only buildings and not contents. Legal & General said its results were in line with independent consumer research.
- One Broker buys Gibbs Denley Insurance Services
- Gadget insurance aggregator launched
- Tasker Insurance names Robert Organ as new CEO
- Profits soar at Bollington in 2016
- Bennett Christmas buys Horsham-based Slade Edwards Insurance
- UK businesses “unprepared for a cyber shock”
- In-depth - Personal lines: The omni-channel future