Zurich Financial Services has said that all its core business areas are delivering solid operating performances despite the impact of "particularly adverse circumstances" in the third quarter. Difficulties included net capital losses for shareholders of $1.1bn (£670m) and catastrophe losses attributable to hurricanes Gustav and Ike of $595m, the company stated.
- Ex Towergate and Bluefin boss Kenny Hogg joins Gallagher as Scotland lead
- New motor fleet MGA launched
- David Charles steps down as head of PIB-owned Cooke & Mason
- Hiscox adds drone cover and more to home insurance product
- Staysure snaps up travel rival Avanti
- Broking Break - Your Top Five
- Blog: Allianz and LV deal further proof that SME commercial is a tough nut to crack