Zurich Financial Services has said that all its core business areas are delivering solid operating performances despite the impact of "particularly adverse circumstances" in the third quarter. Difficulties included net capital losses for shareholders of $1.1bn (£670m) and catastrophe losses attributable to hurricanes Gustav and Ike of $595m, the company stated.
- Ardonagh picks up selected renewal rights from Ageas Retail in £7m deal
- Eldon Insurance states none of its data was used by Leave.eu campaign
- Stackhouse Poland buys Honour Point
- Towergate owners post £261m loss for 2017
- SSP adds Pex Insure to panel
- Two thirds of UK manufacturers lack cyber insurance cover
- Ex-Das CEO Paul Asplin stands trial for fraud