Brokers may have to consider putting a limit on their liability with clients, effectively capping their exposure, or face losing their businesses.
As part of its ongoing professional indemnity (PI) initiative, the British Insurance Brokers' Association (Biba) is gauging its members' views on the pros and cons of such a limitation.
Biba said it was concerned that some brokers could go under if they exceeded their PI limit. The association said it was already working with some smaller broker members
- Towergate owners post £261m loss for 2017
- Ex-Das CEO Paul Asplin stands trial for fraud
- Ex-AA boss Bob Mackenzie seeking up to £225m in damages
- Das v Asplin: Prosecution outlines arguments on fraud charges
- Ardonagh looking at deals worth £500m
- Axa partners with Gresham in £20m deal
- InsurTech Futures: PwC and Early Metrics launch programme to scale start-ups