Figures from the Financial Ombudsman Service (FOS) have revealed a mixed picture for complaints relating to general insurance products or services.
Motor insurance complaints rose by 42%, more than doubling in the past three years, while those relating to travel and health insurance dropped slightly. The proportion of cases where the FOS supported policyholders in their disputes with insurers and intermediaries also increased by around half.
The FOS stated: "There has been a significant rise in al
- Tasker Insurance names Robert Organ as new CEO
- ASA reveals insurance advertising complaints
- Ex Towergate and Bluefin boss Kenny Hogg joins Gallagher as Scotland lead
- Staysure snaps up travel rival Avanti
- New motor fleet MGA launched
- GWP slips to $2.39bn at QBE Europe in half year results
- Hiscox adds drone cover and more to home insurance product