Figures from the Financial Ombudsman Service (FOS) have revealed a mixed picture for complaints relating to general insurance products or services.
Motor insurance complaints rose by 42%, more than doubling in the past three years, while those relating to travel and health insurance dropped slightly. The proportion of cases where the FOS supported policyholders in their disputes with insurers and intermediaries also increased by around half.
The FOS stated: "There has been a significant rise in al
- Towergate owners post £261m loss for 2017
- Ardonagh looking at deals worth £500m
- Das v Asplin: Prosecution outlines arguments on fraud charges
- InsurTech Futures: Gadget and motor products go live on Brolly
- Ex-Das CEO Paul Asplin stands trial for fraud
- Ex-AA boss Bob Mackenzie seeking up to £225m in damages
- The Blog Spot: Filling in the Blanc?