The Law Society has proposed a 'fast and fair' method of dealing with small claims. According to the society, its proposals would make the system faster and cheaper for insurers without removing a consumer's right to independent legal advice. The proposal comes after research showed that four out of five personal injury victims do not trust insurers to compensate them fairly without legal representation and more than three quarters are not confident of bringing a claim themselves.
- Up to 275 jobs at risk at Axa XL in the UK
- Ghost broker jailed for two years
- Legal Protection Group confirms loss of Inter Hannover capacity
- Towergate’s Andy Parkin resurfaces at Gauntlet
- Consolidation opens up opportunities, says Romero boss
- Laurent Matras takes interim Axa retail MD role as Gareth Howell departs
- Profits up at Allianz in 2018