Markel UK has opened a new regional underwriting branch in Cambridge which will manage its retail business in Eastern counties. The Cambridge branch will service supporting brokers previously managed by the Birmingham and Reigate offices, in the counties of Bedfordshire, Buckinghamshire, Cambridgeshire, Essex, Hertfordshire, Northamptonshire, Oxfordshire and Suffolk. Markel UK will write speciality commercial risks and professional and management risks from the Cambridge office.
- Losses bite at Ageas Retail after Kwik Fit closure
- Clear plots buying spree to double GWP by 2022
- David Charles steps down as head of PIB-owned Cooke & Mason
- New motor fleet MGA launched
- Ansvar launches two charity products
- Ascot launches new MGA and hires Michael Sillat to lead
- Ecclesiastical's pre-tax profit surges with investment returns in first half of 2017