Broker Direct has acquired the entire share capital of HBA, an established City of London broker. HBA will continue to trade under its own identity as a wholly owned subsidiary of Broker Direct. The acquisition offers Broker Direct's members a trusted partner at Lloyd's, which it is hoped will give them greater and easier access to the Lloyd's market. Andrew Paddick, chairman of Broker Direct, said: "We want to make placing business at Lloyd's as natural for our brokers as dealing with any
- Allianz prepared for "turbulent" 2019
- Podcast: Top five stories this week with Axa's Jon Walker
- Blog: How is the debate around cyber affecting clients?
- Consolidation opens up opportunities, says Romero boss
- Profits up at Allianz in 2018
- AI anti-fraud measures receive Government backing
- InsurTech Futures: Tapoly unveils broker platform for on demand products