Fortis Insurance UK reported overall volume at the half-year of £264m, a 3% increase on the same period in 2002 (£256m). Chief executive Barry Smith commented: "Our growth in overall volume has been achieved whilst maintaining operating ratios that exceed market norms. Our strategy will continue to focus on profitable personal lines and small commercial business."
- Tasker Insurance names Robert Organ as new CEO
- ASA reveals insurance advertising complaints
- Ex Towergate and Bluefin boss Kenny Hogg joins Gallagher as Scotland lead
- Confused.com sees profits halve for start of 2017
- Bollington's Paul Moors hails "excellent" results for 2016
- Staysure snaps up travel rival Avanti
- New motor fleet MGA launched