The Government's decision to charge appointed representative (AR) networks' VAT on the percentage of commission looks set to have put the final nail in the coffin for this regulation option under the Financial Services Authority's (FSA) incoming regime.
Kean Seager, chairman of the IFA compliance services network, The Whitechurch Network, told Insurance Age it had received a letter from the Customs and Excise office which stated: "In our opinion, all the commission is the exempt income of the
- Close Brothers and other creditors to lose out following collapse of Ignition Select
- Eldon Insurance states none of its data was used by Leave.eu campaign
- Stackhouse Poland buys Honour Point
- Is the talent pool drying up?
- Primassure moves from SSP and Open GI to Applied
- Ardonagh picks up selected renewal rights from Ageas Retail in £7m deal
- Do you know what to do if you get hacked?