Giles Insurance has closed its Manchester office, saying it plans to focus on the Leeds market, just months after its regional director enthused about its ambitious growth strategy in the region.
Giles shut up shop in Manchester at the end of March, and the only indication that anything had happened was the absence of its office details on the Giles website.
Several brokers contacted Insurance Age and notified them of the closure after Giles featured in the March issue's analysis of the
- Up to 275 jobs at risk at Axa XL in the UK
- Ghost broker jailed for two years
- Legal Protection Group confirms loss of Inter Hannover capacity
- Towergate’s Andy Parkin resurfaces at Gauntlet
- Consolidation opens up opportunities, says Romero boss
- Laurent Matras takes interim Axa retail MD role as Gareth Howell departs
- Profits up at Allianz in 2018