New research from PruHealth shows that the average private medical insurance premium has risen by 37% since 1999. This compares with Retail Price Index inflation of just 12% during the same period. Shaun Matisonn, chief executive of PruHealth commented that the huge increase in premiums was totally unsustainable and that urgent action was needed if the recent downward trend in policyholder numbers was to be reversed.
- One Broker buys Gibbs Denley Insurance Services
- Profits soar at Bollington in 2016
- Gadget insurance aggregator launched
- Bennett Christmas buys Horsham-based Slade Edwards Insurance
- UK businesses “unprepared for a cyber shock”
- Meet the techies: Richard Hartley
- In-depth - Personal lines: The omni-channel future