New research from PruHealth shows that the average private medical insurance premium has risen by 37% since 1999. This compares with Retail Price Index inflation of just 12% during the same period. Shaun Matisonn, chief executive of PruHealth commented that the huge increase in premiums was totally unsustainable and that urgent action was needed if the recent downward trend in policyholder numbers was to be reversed.
- Ardonagh picks up selected renewal rights from Ageas Retail in £7m deal
- Eldon Insurance states none of its data was used by Leave.eu campaign
- Towergate owners post £261m loss for 2017
- Ex-Das CEO Paul Asplin stands trial for fraud
- Two thirds of UK manufacturers lack cyber insurance cover
- Ardonagh looking at deals worth £500m
- SSP adds Pex Insure to panel