Carriers are exposed to risk by creaky accounting and reporting systems, according to an industry expert. Michael Graham, director at Sequel, said accounting and reporting in underwriting were under great scrutiny. "People are placing their faith in error-prone spreadsheets and manual processes that put the business at risk. Insurance companies need transparent systems to make their work easier."
- Towergate owners post £261m loss for 2017
- Ex-Das CEO Paul Asplin stands trial for fraud
- Ex-AA boss Bob Mackenzie seeking up to £225m in damages
- Ardonagh looking at deals worth £500m
- Das v Asplin: Prosecution outlines arguments on fraud charges
- InsurTech Futures: Gadget and motor products go live on Brolly
- InsurTech Futures: PwC and Early Metrics launch programme to scale start-ups