Director general of the Chartered Insurance Institute Dr Sandy Scott has predicted a bright future for private medical insurance (PMI) intermediaries, despite a decade of market retractions.
Speaking at the Association of Medical Insurance Intermediaries (AMII) Conference, Dr Scott blamed the market shrink on a three-fold increase in funding for the NHS and the growing impact of regulation in the sector.
However, he also predicted that this level of funding could not continue indefinitely, and
- Losses bite at Ageas Retail after Kwik Fit closure
- David Charles steps down as head of PIB-owned Cooke & Mason
- New motor fleet MGA launched
- Lark boosts profit ahead of Aston Scott merger
- Ageas teams up with CDL on Flood Re solution
- Ex Towergate and Bluefin boss Kenny Hogg joins Gallagher as Scotland lead
- Broking Break - Your Top Five