The UK Broker Awards held on the 14 September at The Brewery in London was a great success, with nearly 500 guests attending the event.
The awards started with its traditional champagne reception, where guests speculated on who the winners would be, after which everyone was ushered into lunch in the Porter Tun room. Comedian Marcus Brigstocke, the guest host, then took to the stage, amusing the crowd with his witty stand-up act.
Following this, the winners were announced, including Barnett & B
- One Broker buys Gibbs Denley Insurance Services
- Tasker Insurance names Robert Organ as new CEO
- Bennett Christmas buys Horsham-based Slade Edwards Insurance
- ASA reveals insurance advertising complaints
- Gadget insurance aggregator launched
- In-depth - Personal lines: The omni-channel future
- Confused.com sees profits halve for start of 2017