Groupama has acquired a majority stake in the Bollington Group, while confirming that the broker will continue to operate as an entirely separate business.
Pierre Lefevre, Groupama UK chairman and chief executive officer, commented: "This is another valuable strategic initiative and one that offers us an opportunity for profitable growth within the UK's small to medium-sized enterprise insurance market."
Mr Lefevre added that Bollington was a significant player in several niche areas where the
- Losses bite at Ageas Retail after Kwik Fit closure
- Clear plots buying spree to double GWP by 2022
- David Charles steps down as head of PIB-owned Cooke & Mason
- New motor fleet MGA launched
- Ansvar launches two charity products
- Ascot launches new MGA and hires Michael Sillat to lead
- Ecclesiastical's pre-tax profit surges with investment returns in first half of 2017