Groupama has acquired a majority stake in the Bollington Group, while confirming that the broker will continue to operate as an entirely separate business.
Pierre Lefevre, Groupama UK chairman and chief executive officer, commented: "This is another valuable strategic initiative and one that offers us an opportunity for profitable growth within the UK's small to medium-sized enterprise insurance market."
Mr Lefevre added that Bollington was a significant player in several niche areas where the
- Towergate owners post £261m loss for 2017
- Ardonagh looking at deals worth £500m
- Das v Asplin: Prosecution outlines arguments on fraud charges
- InsurTech Futures: Gadget and motor products go live on Brolly
- Ex-Das CEO Paul Asplin stands trial for fraud
- Ensurance adds combined construction liability policy
- FCA data reveals huge surge in PPI complaints