Personal injury company The Accident Group has gone into administration with the loss of approximately 2,400 employees - leaving just 200 staff to process ongoing claims.
Michael Horrocks and Craig Livesey of PricewaterhouseCoopers (PwC) have been appointed as joint administrators of Manchester-based The Amulet Group, the owner of The Accident Group, which has a network of 35 shops and kiosks around the UK.
The group's principal activity was the provision of legal expenses insurance for person
- Towergate owners post £261m loss for 2017
- Ex-Das CEO Paul Asplin stands trial for fraud
- Ex-AA boss Bob Mackenzie seeking up to £225m in damages
- Ardonagh looking at deals worth £500m
- Das v Asplin: Prosecution outlines arguments on fraud charges
- InsurTech Futures: Gadget and motor products go live on Brolly
- InsurTech Futures: PwC and Early Metrics launch programme to scale start-ups