Direct Line has backed down and confirmed that its travel insurance policies will now be valid should customers' experience baggage difficulties or flight disruptions at Heathrow's Terminal 5 (T5).
The insurer's move comes after market figures condemned the stance by some firms to withdraw cover for lost luggage or delayed flights for travellers going through T5.
Perry Wilson, managing director at InsureandGo, said: "The decision taken by numerous insurers has only added to the misery already suff
- Swinton puts 268 people at risk of redundancy
- Steve Lewis confident RSA UK will “bounce back” in 2018
- RSA UK reports falling profits in 2017
- Amanda Blanc “exceptionally pleased” with UK & Ireland performance
- Axa UK & Ireland COR improves to 96.3% for 2017
- Biba, ABI and Lloyd’s join InsurTech Board
- Blog: Building an MGA is not for the faint-hearted