Allianz Cornhill has reported profits up 22.1% over the same period in 2004 and an improved group combined ratio of 93.9%.
Ceo Andrew Torrance said that he was pleased with the company's profit performance during the first half of the year, despite lower than expected premium volumes.
The insurers' commercial lines business continued to perform strongly with net written premiums up 3.6% over the same period last year and a strong underwriting performance which resulted in the combined ratio ou
- Towergate owners post £261m loss for 2017
- Ex-Das CEO Paul Asplin stands trial for fraud
- Ex-AA boss Bob Mackenzie seeking up to £225m in damages
- Ardonagh looking at deals worth £500m
- Das v Asplin: Prosecution outlines arguments on fraud charges
- InsurTech Futures: Gadget and motor products go live on Brolly
- InsurTech Futures: PwC and Early Metrics launch programme to scale start-ups