Smart & Cook has notched up its 52nd acquisition, with the purchase of Harrogate broker Slater Marchant, which controls £4m in premiums. Directors David Townson and Sue Davis will join the existing Smart & Cook operation with all their existing staff. Paul Meehan, chief executive of Smart & Cook, said: "This is one of five acquisitions nationally, which we will complete during the next couple of months to further strengthen and extend our geographical footprint and trading capability."
- Majority of brokers say GDPR will have negative impact
- CBL Insurance Europe ordered to stop writing new business immediately
- Seventeen Group buys Rupert Burgoyne
- Cyber hacks reported to FCA by financial firms hit 69 in 2017
- Clear buys Robert Alexander
- Jon Dye brands 2017 as “landmark” year for Allianz in UK
- InsurTech Futures: Zurich unveils InsurTech and innovation brand