Shakespeare Underwriting has gone into administration but there are still hopes in the market that a rescue package could be put in place to save the firm.
Insurance Age, which broke the story in a news alert in January, understands that the firm's bank has appointed a temporary administratorafter a letter was sent out to insurance companies - at the end of last month - stating that its directors had applied for administrators for the firm.
One market source said they had been trying, unsucces
- Close Brothers and other creditors to lose out following collapse of Ignition Select
- Eldon Insurance states none of its data was used by Leave.eu campaign
- Stackhouse Poland buys Honour Point
- Is the talent pool drying up?
- Primassure moves from SSP and Open GI to Applied
- Ardonagh picks up selected renewal rights from Ageas Retail in £7m deal
- Do you know what to do if you get hacked?