Shakespeare Underwriting has gone into administration but there are still hopes in the market that a rescue package could be put in place to save the firm.
Insurance Age, which broke the story in a news alert in January, understands that the firm's bank has appointed a temporary administratorafter a letter was sent out to insurance companies - at the end of last month - stating that its directors had applied for administrators for the firm.
One market source said they had been trying, unsucces
- Losses bite at Ageas Retail after Kwik Fit closure
- David Charles steps down as head of PIB-owned Cooke & Mason
- New motor fleet MGA launched
- Lark boosts profit ahead of Aston Scott merger
- Ageas teams up with CDL on Flood Re solution
- Ex Towergate and Bluefin boss Kenny Hogg joins Gallagher as Scotland lead
- Broking Break - Your Top Five