Shakespeare Underwriting has gone into administration but there are still hopes in the market that a rescue package could be put in place to save the firm.
Insurance Age, which broke the story in a news alert in January, understands that the firm's bank has appointed a temporary administratorafter a letter was sent out to insurance companies - at the end of last month - stating that its directors had applied for administrators for the firm.
One market source said they had been trying,
- Profits up at Allianz in 2018
- Laurent Matras takes interim Axa retail MD role as Gareth Howell departs
- Market moves: Across the board
- Legal Protection Group confirms loss of Inter Hannover capacity
- Regional review: Cardiff
- Towergate’s Andy Parkin resurfaces at Gauntlet
- Allianz prepared for "turbulent" 2019