The Towergate Partnership has acquired Romford-based Hobson Insurance Brokers. The business has 10 staff and controls £3m of predominately commercial insurance business. David Wrathall, the regional managing director for Towergate, said: "This is our third local deal in the last six months; I look forward to welcoming the managing director of Hobsons, Brian Sharp, and his team into the fold."
- Losses bite at Ageas Retail after Kwik Fit closure
- David Charles steps down as head of PIB-owned Cooke & Mason
- Ansvar launches two charity products
- New motor fleet MGA launched
- Ascot launches new MGA and hires Michael Sillat to lead
- Verisk to buy Sequel for £250m
- Ageas teams up with CDL on Flood Re solution