The Towergate Partnership has acquired Romford-based Hobson Insurance Brokers. The business has 10 staff and controls £3m of predominately commercial insurance business. David Wrathall, the regional managing director for Towergate, said: "This is our third local deal in the last six months; I look forward to welcoming the managing director of Hobsons, Brian Sharp, and his team into the fold."
- Towergate owners post £261m loss for 2017
- Ex-Das CEO Paul Asplin stands trial for fraud
- Ex-AA boss Bob Mackenzie seeking up to £225m in damages
- Das v Asplin: Prosecution outlines arguments on fraud charges
- Ardonagh looking at deals worth £500m
- Axa partners with Gresham in £20m deal
- InsurTech Futures: PwC and Early Metrics launch programme to scale start-ups