Newcastle's growing insurer presence has been enhanced by XL Insurance, which has set up an underwriting office in the city to handle middle-market business.
Terry Nichol, regional manager of UK middle markets, will be based at the new office with Karin McKivitt, who has joined as casualty underwriter. They will both work alongside XL's London-based middle-market underwriters, focusing initially on liability and contractors all-risks.
Mr Nichol said this was the first step in a larger programme
- Profits up at Allianz in 2018
- Laurent Matras takes interim Axa retail MD role as Gareth Howell departs
- Legal Protection Group confirms loss of Inter Hannover capacity
- Market moves: Across the board
- Regional review: Cardiff
- Towergate’s Andy Parkin resurfaces at Gauntlet
- Allianz prepared for "turbulent" 2019