Defaqto state that in SME commercial insurance the broker is still king, but that they faced a major challenge to their dominance of this market from bancassurers and direct writers.
Although in the commercial SME lines market, most businesses buy insurance through a broker, direct writers and bancassurers now have their eyes firmly fixed on this market, a move that is not unwelcome by customers.
Mike Powell, principal consultant for general insurance, commented: "Brokers have been the main source
- Allianz prepared for "turbulent" 2019
- Podcast: Top five stories this week with Axa's Jon Walker
- Blog: How is the debate around cyber affecting clients?
- Consolidation opens up opportunities, says Romero boss
- Profits up at Allianz in 2018
- AI anti-fraud measures receive Government backing
- InsurTech Futures: Tapoly unveils broker platform for on demand products