Defaqto state that in SME commercial insurance the broker is still king, but that they faced a major challenge to their dominance of this market from bancassurers and direct writers.
Although in the commercial SME lines market, most businesses buy insurance through a broker, direct writers and bancassurers now have their eyes firmly fixed on this market, a move that is not unwelcome by customers.
Mike Powell, principal consultant for general insurance, commented: "Brokers have been the main source
- Swinton puts 268 people at risk of redundancy
- Steve Lewis confident RSA UK will “bounce back” in 2018
- RSA UK reports falling profits in 2017
- Amanda Blanc “exceptionally pleased” with UK & Ireland performance
- Axa UK & Ireland COR improves to 96.3% for 2017
- Blog: Building an MGA is not for the faint-hearted
- Biba, ABI and Lloyd’s join InsurTech Board