Due to EU regulations affecting government compensation, there is a potentially significant gap between the compensation received for slaughtered birds and the amount a poultry farmer could have expected to earn for each bird.
In addition, there is the longer term impact on the business through lost production and the risk that a farm will be unable to fulfil contracts. This could affect the long term relationship with customers and therefore prolonge the loss of income.
Aon is advising
- Legal Protection Group confirms loss of Inter Hannover capacity
- Towergate’s Andy Parkin resurfaces at Gauntlet
- Laurent Matras takes interim Axa retail MD role as Gareth Howell departs
- Profits up at Allianz in 2018
- Consolidation opens up opportunities, says Romero boss
- Up to 275 jobs at risk at Axa XL in the UK
- Ghost broker jailed for two years