Due to EU regulations affecting government compensation, there is a potentially significant gap between the compensation received for slaughtered birds and the amount a poultry farmer could have expected to earn for each bird.
In addition, there is the longer term impact on the business through lost production and the risk that a farm will be unable to fulfil contracts. This could affect the long term relationship with customers and therefore prolonge the loss of income.
Aon is advising poul
- Losses bite at Ageas Retail after Kwik Fit closure
- David Charles steps down as head of PIB-owned Cooke & Mason
- Ansvar launches two charity products
- New motor fleet MGA launched
- Ascot launches new MGA and hires Michael Sillat to lead
- Verisk to buy Sequel for £250m
- Ageas teams up with CDL on Flood Re solution