In a statement, IAG said: "Following a delay in the anticipated hardening of the UK motor market, the growth of aggregators and the continued strong pricing competition on mass market products, IAG has taken the decision to focus on its specialist underwriting and distribution operations.
"It will restructure Equity Red Star (ERS), Equity Direct and Barnett & Barnett in order to create a stand-alone specialist underwriting/distribution and wholesale distribution business.
"Following the anno
- Swinton puts 268 people at risk of redundancy
- Steve Lewis confident RSA UK will “bounce back” in 2018
- RSA UK reports falling profits in 2017
- Amanda Blanc “exceptionally pleased” with UK & Ireland performance
- Axa UK & Ireland COR improves to 96.3% for 2017
- Blog: Building an MGA is not for the faint-hearted
- Biba, ABI and Lloyd’s join InsurTech Board