Profit before tax was up 31% to £41m (2006: £31.3m) with operating profit up 21% to £56.4m up on last year’s delivery of £46.8m, delivering a combined ratio of 90.4%.
A statement from the insurer also revealed that it had released £5.8m from its reserves.
- Tasker Insurance names Robert Organ as new CEO
- ASA reveals insurance advertising complaints
- Ex Towergate and Bluefin boss Kenny Hogg joins Gallagher as Scotland lead
- Bennett Christmas buys Horsham-based Slade Edwards Insurance
- Confused.com sees profits halve for start of 2017
- Bollington's Paul Moors hails "excellent" results for 2016
- Staysure snaps up travel rival Avanti