Mr Canning said: "After nearly 18 years with the company I think its about time I considered a change of direction and will initially spend a bit more time with the kids before making any firm decisions about my future."
The move follows the impending high profile departures of Andy Halstead, chief executive of Erianaceous Insurance Services, and insurance director Nick Crocker who are moving to Towergate.
- One Broker buys Gibbs Denley Insurance Services
- Tasker Insurance names Robert Organ as new CEO
- Bennett Christmas buys Horsham-based Slade Edwards Insurance
- ASA reveals insurance advertising complaints
- Gadget insurance aggregator launched
- In-depth - Personal lines: The omni-channel future
- Confused.com sees profits halve for start of 2017