Mr Canning said: "After nearly 18 years with the company I think its about time I considered a change of direction and will initially spend a bit more time with the kids before making any firm decisions about my future."
The move follows the impending high profile departures of Andy Halstead, chief executive of Erianaceous Insurance Services, and insurance director Nick Crocker who are moving to Towergate.
- Legal Protection Group confirms loss of Inter Hannover capacity
- Towergate’s Andy Parkin resurfaces at Gauntlet
- Laurent Matras takes interim Axa retail MD role as Gareth Howell departs
- Profits up at Allianz in 2018
- Consolidation opens up opportunities, says Romero boss
- Ghost broker jailed for two years
- Up to 275 jobs at risk at Axa XL in the UK