It will be the first independent Shariah-compliant insurance provider in Britain and will meet the needs of the country’s estimated two million Muslims.
Principle chairman, Abdulaziz Hamad Aljomaih commented: "I believe Principle will go some way in altering the perception of Islamic Finance in the UK, by showing that progressive, sensible and profitable businesses can be established in accordance with Islamic law.
"Achieving FSA authorisation is a clear vindication of my belief that Shariah
- Towergate owners post £261m loss for 2017
- Ardonagh looking at deals worth £500m
- Das v Asplin: Prosecution outlines arguments on fraud charges
- InsurTech Futures: Gadget and motor products go live on Brolly
- Ex-Das CEO Paul Asplin stands trial for fraud
- Ensurance adds combined construction liability policy
- FCA data reveals huge surge in PPI complaints