It will be the first independent Shariah-compliant insurance provider in Britain and will meet the needs of the country’s estimated two million Muslims.
Principle chairman, Abdulaziz Hamad Aljomaih commented: "I believe Principle will go some way in altering the perception of Islamic Finance in the UK, by showing that progressive, sensible and profitable businesses can be established in accordance with Islamic law.
"Achieving FSA authorisation is a clear vindication of my belief that Shariah
- Up to 275 jobs at risk at Axa XL in the UK
- Ghost broker jailed for two years
- Legal Protection Group confirms loss of Inter Hannover capacity
- Towergate’s Andy Parkin resurfaces at Gauntlet
- Consolidation opens up opportunities, says Romero boss
- Laurent Matras takes interim Axa retail MD role as Gareth Howell departs
- Profits up at Allianz in 2018