It will be the first independent Shariah-compliant insurance provider in Britain and will meet the needs of the country’s estimated two million Muslims.
Principle chairman, Abdulaziz Hamad Aljomaih commented: "I believe Principle will go some way in altering the perception of Islamic Finance in the UK, by showing that progressive, sensible and profitable businesses can be established in accordance with Islamic law.
"Achieving FSA authorisation is a clear vindication of my belief that Shariah
- Losses bite at Ageas Retail after Kwik Fit closure
- David Charles steps down as head of PIB-owned Cooke & Mason
- New motor fleet MGA launched
- Lark boosts profit ahead of Aston Scott merger
- Ageas teams up with CDL on Flood Re solution
- Meet the Leeds Expo panellists: Simon Mabb
- Verisk to buy Sequel for £250m