Commenting on Standard and Poor's announcement, Andrew Torrance, CEO of Allianz Insurance, said: "We are delighted with this ratings upgrade. It is testimony to the continued good results, strong capital position, robust risk management and hard work by our employees in both our UK operations and the global group."
For Allianz Insurance, the full ratings are: AA-/stable from A+/stable for the counterparty credit ratings and insurer financial strength ratings.
For Allianz SE, the full ratings
- Towergate owners post £261m loss for 2017
- Ex-Das CEO Paul Asplin stands trial for fraud
- Ex-AA boss Bob Mackenzie seeking up to £225m in damages
- Ardonagh looking at deals worth £500m
- Das v Asplin: Prosecution outlines arguments on fraud charges
- InsurTech Futures: Gadget and motor products go live on Brolly
- InsurTech Futures: PwC and Early Metrics launch programme to scale start-ups