The panel congratulated the FSA for acknowledging its shortcomings, but argued that independent auditors could have provided a valuable wider perspective.
Panel chairman John Howard commented: "The FSA concludes that even if supervision had been acceptable it was by no means the case that that would have changed the outcome.
“This suggests to me that the events surrounding the failure of Northern Rock, including the sudden collapse in credit markets, were testing the limits of regulation any
- Majority of brokers say GDPR will have negative impact
- ICO court case against Hiscox collapses
- Blog: Brokers – get plugged in to electric vehicles
- Arnott Marine launches marine liability facility for UK brokers
- Saga picks Patrick O’Sullivan as chairman
- PIB launches risk management business
- Lloyd’s and Kanye West settle £7.4m suit - reports