He also insists despite their protestations, both chairman Peter Cullum and chief executive Any Homer could run a listed Towergate.
Speaking to Insurance Age's sister magazine, Professional Broking, Mr Snowball explained his reasons for leaving: “Peter and I had a plan that looked exciting but the difficult financial market and the withdrawal of the Candover [refinancing] deal pushed out the financial reengineering by two to three years.
“By stepping down from the board I wanted my conflict
- Losses bite at Ageas Retail after Kwik Fit closure
- David Charles steps down as head of PIB-owned Cooke & Mason
- New motor fleet MGA launched
- Lark boosts profit ahead of Aston Scott merger
- Ageas teams up with CDL on Flood Re solution
- Ex Towergate and Bluefin boss Kenny Hogg joins Gallagher as Scotland lead
- Broking Break - Your Top Five